Writers & Candidates Wanted!
Our Sense of Place is a very special project that will see local community writers being paired with local immigrants to tell their story of immigration and what life in Ireland today means to them.
We are looking for both writers and candidates to take part in this exciting project, the resulting stories of which will be gathered into a collection entitled ‘Our Sense of Place’ that will be launched at the opening of Applefest 2021 on Thursday 23rd September.
All the participants will also take part in a photographic shoot with John Kelly and the images will be displayed throughout the town of Clonmel.
We are looking to recruit 14 candidates willing to be interviewed and to share their stories of coming to Ireland and making their home-away-from-home here in Clonmel. Candidates should be over 18 years of age.
Candidates will need to be available for interview during June, either in person (socially distanced) or via Zoom, to chat with the local writer who will be re-telling their story. These stories will then be gathered into a collection that will be launched at the opening of Applefest 2021.
If you are interested in being a part of this project simply fill out the form below before Friday 28th May and we will be in touch. If you require any additional information, please contact Jenny on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for 14 local community writers based in the Clonmel/Tipperary area to come on board this special project and re-tell the stories and experiences of immigrants living in Clonmel today. These stories will be gathered into a collection for launch at the opening of Applefest 2021 in September.
The writers will be given the exciting opportunity to work with well-known journalist and ghost writer, Sue Leonard, who will give a day-long masterclass on ghost writing and interview techniques, and will mentor each writer along their writing journey.
- Meet & Greet session for writers via Zoom on Wednesday 19th May, 6pm – 7pm.
- Intercultural Training workshop via Zoom on Wednesday 26th May, 7pm – 9pm, exploring the concepts of culture, identity and preconceptions.
- Masterclass with Sue Leonard on Saturday 29th May, 10am – 4pm.
- 2 to 3 interviews between writers and interviewees to be scheduled within the month of June.
- First draft submission of 2,500 – 3,000 words by Friday 2nd July.
- 1 hour one-to-one mentoring session with Sue between the 5th and 17th July.
- Second draft submission by Friday 30th July.
- Final draft submission by Friday 13th August.
If you are interested in being a part of this project simply fill out the form below before Sunday 16th May and we will be in touch. If you require any additional information, please contact Jenny on email@example.com.