Sunday 30th September
Join us in the ‘Quaker Quarter’ of Clonmel for a community, heritage and nature day with walks, biodiversity and pollinators’ activities & stands, river information stands, boating and angling demonstrations, recycling info and workshops, a working forge and an extensive programme of community performances showcasing Clonmel’s best dance and music talents. Picnic tables, a pig on a spit and other delicious foods to celebrate the harvest season will be on hand to make this a memorable community street feast. Get a discount when you purchase food and drink if you bring your own cutlery, plate and/or reusable cup!
– Pollinator walk with Emma Reeves @ 11 am
Discover what plants are good for bees with a expert in the field
– Quaker walk with Michael Ahearne @ 12noon
Discover some of the key quaker buildings associated with the industrial development of Clonmel
– Free Salsadance Class with Yulia. 11am. Try out Salsa dancing for some fun and sociable exercise!
Performances by a selection of dance, drama and musical schools and groups from Clonmel and surrounding area.
– Start together arts and cultural expo: 12-3pm
– Pig on the Spit: 1-3pm: € 12,
Fresh from the spit, includes a selection of salads and a cup of apple juice. Bring your own plate and cup and get a discount!
– Pooh Corner, 3-5pm, Abbey street: a last chance to catch Pooh and his friends in case you missed it!